Montag, 6. Juli 2015

What we want to do in life?

Hey everybody,

so for a few days now I've been deeply thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Poker is going pretty well. I didn't manage to win anything major since February this year, but I guess we have to be happy there is some variance in this game.

But besides that I have been listening to Elon Musks Biographie and I think it becomes very clear how brilliant this man is. He has a clear vision of what he wants to accomplish and then just destroys everything in his way. That book really got me thinking about myself and what I want to acomplish.


Way too often do I sit infront of my PC and grind full weeks and don't really spend any time with other human beings besides my girlfriend. The people I talk to over skype could as well be AI and I wouldn't even notice it. This gives me a false feeling of "not" being alone.



I have, for a long time, been thinking about getting into real estate and investing in stocks.

In 2013 and 2014 we actually generated about 40K in winnings each year in renting holiday apartments in portugal.
But  because we did that for other people we only received our share of 20%. But not bad considering we had never done this before.

So I thought: "man, you have some money saved up and you do know the market a bit now. Let's call our bank and buy 1-2 apartments and make 50K per year."


And again this is the wrong start. Again the money came first.

What I really want is to have more fun, to spend more time with other human beings. I want to provide value to the world. Create Jobs. Make people happy.



So the questions are:

1. what am I really good at?
2. what do I really love doing?
3. what can I imagine myself doing for the rest of my life?


So how do we solve this?


The solution had to be to dig deep and envision myself doing lots of different things. And then ask myself how happy I would feel doing what I envisioned doing.

"That has to be pretty simple and easy to do!" - I thought.
Just lay down, relax and Imagine being a real estate beast.


Not really. It took me hours to really relax and be able to feel everything that would go thru my mind when imagining my (alternative) future.

- Pokerplayer
- Real estate BOSS
- Investor
- broke dude :)
- .......................

In the end, after hours of laying down and thinking I had that random thought of twitching and having a very active youtube channel.

- Interacting with people.

Something I always loved to do. I envisioned sitting infront of my PC and stream for hours infront of 10000 people constantly. Having fun and doing lots of charity stuff.
Getting into trouble with friends and make videos out of it and stream it with you all.

For the first time that day I felt really really happy. I opened my eyes and thought:

"This is what I want to do! I want to have fun and provide you all with a great time and then invest my money into people who provide value in areas I can't spend my time in."

So here I am now. Starting the grind again! Years earlier I started the poker grind and it took me away from germany and brought me to the beautiful beaches of southern Europe and Brazil. It allowed me to meet amazing people from all over the world and learn a lot.

I listened to some interviews and I would like to share something that Steve Jobs said to the CEO of NIKE in a phone call about quality:

" Look, you guys at NIKE produce wonderful products. But you also produce alot of crap. Get rid of your crap and focus on the good stuff."


( it starts at 5:40 Rule no4 )



So now my new journey will be to produce high quality every single second I spend time with other people and have more fun than I could have ever imagined along the way.

If you are interested in helping me out and having fun along the way with me just contact me or leave a comment here.


I wish you all an awesome week. See you soon.

Pedro

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen